Don't flip out! But we've got Fitness Coach Kevin Ng here with Lower Body Essentials that will have you ready to spring into SUMMER!
Equipment Needed: Dumbbells (pick a weight you're comfortable with)
Estimated Time: 30 Minutes
30-second rest between sets
- Begin with your feet shoulder-width apart and your knees bent slightly.
- Hold the dumbbells in front of you with your arms straight and your palms facing in.
- Bend at the waist until your back is nearly parallel with the ground.
- While maintaining a tight core, push through your heels, and lift the weight until you've returned to a standing position with your legs straight and your buttocks squeezed.
- Complete 10 reps.
2. Pulse Squats
- Stand with your feet a little more than shoulder-width apart.
- Lower into a squat be sure to keep you back straight.
- Instead of returning back to a fully standing position, come up only halfway to shorten the rep.
- Complete 10 reps at a steady pace.
3. Alternating Lunges
- You'll only need one dumbbell for this one. Begin in a wide stance with the dumbbell gripped in your right hand in front of you
- Keeping your back straight, bend your left knee and reach the dumbbell towards your left toe. Your right leg should be straight.
- Push yourself back to starting position and move the dumbbell to the other hand
- Repeat the exercise to the opposite side.
- Complete 10 reps, alternating sides each time.
4. Calf Raises
- Begin standing with your feet close together and holding the dumbbells at your side.
- Raise yourself onto your toes, lifting your heels off the ground.
- Return to the starting position with your heels on the ground.
- Complete 10 reps.
Recommended Equipment: KoreSurge
Estimated Time: 5 - 10 minutes
If your post-workout routine consists of foam roller recovery - it's time you make a change to Foambration! KoreSurge is the same shape and size of a typical foam roller but brings POWER like you've never seen before. This vibrating foam roller features a textured outer shell that massages deep, painful knots after a hard lift. Meanwhile, the vibrating core allows for targeted relief and tension release. If you step up your recovery, you will step up your performance. Step it up with KoreSurge!